In the rush of the holiday season, it's important to take time to reflect on what's important. At Q2, we're getting introspective about our mission and values. We're reflecting on-and sharing-some of founder Hank Seale's thoughts on our guiding principles.
"I think fundamental to our ability to compete over the long term has been our culture," says Hank, "the way we treat people inside the company and outside the company."
In the video below, watch Hank describe the common-sense principles that guide us to run our business the way we do, he says, "instead of trying to squeeze every last ounce of profitability out of it."
"The passion that drives us," Hank says, "is helping people. It's about helping communities. And we've been very successful at helping community FIs save money, reach more people more efficiently, and deliver more services."
He points to Q2's charity work and mission. "We're helping thousands of communities and the people in those communities," he says, then paraphrases Q2's CEO Matt Flake: "You may not come into this company with a passion for the community financial institution-you may not have even been in one in the last year. But that's not what it's all about anyway. It's about helping people-and we've figured out that if we can help these financial institutions be successful, and we can help them create jobs, that's how we're helping people."
Q2's Ten Guiding Principles
- Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
- Say what you do and do what you say.
- Success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.
- Change is good.
- Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.
- Communicate! If you don't know, ask. If you don't agree, say so.
- When in doubt, the customer is always right.
- Watch the pennies and the dollar will take care of themselves.
- The devil (or angel) is in the details.
- Hard work gets noticed. Results get rewarded.
To learn more about Q2's mission, values, vision, and leadership visit our company page.