UCCU exceeds expectations of tech-savvy members with Q2
Utah Community Credit Union sees significant growth in assets size, savings goals, transfer volume and app ratings after switching to Q2
About Utah Community Credit Union
- Provo, Utah
- Assets Under Management
- $2.58 billion
- Q2 Digital Banking Platform, Q2 Goals, CentrixDTS, CardSwap, Q2 SMART and Q2 Discover
UCCU had two vendors and lacked a unified user experience
UCCU is located between two large universities and has a very young, tech-savvy membership with high expectations. Before converting to Q2, UCCU was managing different vendors for mobile and desktop banking, creating delays in integrating new features and the inability for a unified user experience between the two platforms.
Q2 helped UCCU decrease implementation time and create a unified user experience
UCCU has accelerated its digital transformation and deployed a steady cadence of new financial tools powered by Q2’s best-in-class digital banking platform, exactly what its young membership base requires. Consolidating everything with Q2 has paid dividends for members, leadership and employees.
With Q2’s best-in-class digital banking platform, UCCU has found significant value in Q2’s popular financial wellness solution, Q2 Goals™. UCCU also leverages CentrixDTS™ for fraud detection and dispute resolution, CardSwap™ for automated debit and credit card updating, and multiple data insights and marketing tools such as Q2 SMART™, the EVE Extract and Q2 Discover, which also allows immediate messages to be posted to digital banking users, via pop-up messages and on-screen “guides ”.
By harnessing Q2's innovation, UCCU achieved the following:
- Opened 1,000 new savings goals accounts within the first 24 hours of implementing Q2 Goals
- Increased mobile app store ratings from 2s and 3s to 4.7 and 4.4
- Reduced call volume by 25% year-over-year
- Increased asset size by over 65%
- Decreased the number of transactions done over the phone by 28% year-over-year