Three (3) $50,000 grants will be awarded to organizations dedicated to supporting the advancement of underrepresented communities in Central Texas
Austin, TEXAS (September 26, 2023) – Austin FC and Q2 Holdings, Inc. announced today that the organizations are once again teaming up to support local nonprofits dedicated to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion in Central Texas through its Q-mmunity Gives grant program, which returns for a third consecutive year after launching in 2021.
As part of the annual program, Austin FC and Q2 will award three (3) separate $50,000 grants to three (3) nonprofit organizations, altogether totaling $150,000, that focus on the advancement of underrepresented communities through the following impact areas: education, job skills and readiness, and health and wellness.
“During its first two years, the Q-mmunity Gives grant program has shown its ability to make a direct impact in our community, and as such, it has become a staple in our calendar,” said Austin FC President Andy Loughnane. “We’re grateful to be aligned with Q2 on this key initiative given the importance of directly supporting Austin’s nonprofit community.”
“We’re excited to partner with Austin FC to support the Central Texas nonprofit community,” said Q2 Chief Executive Officer Matt Flake. “Our mission is centered on building strong and diverse communities by strengthening their financial institutions, and we look forward to supporting three local nonprofits to expand their community service and impact.”
For a grant application to be considered eligible, it must meet the following criteria:
- Nonprofit organizations must be committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion in the Central Texas Community;
- Program/project must fall within one or more of the following impact areas: (1) Education, (2) Job Skills & Readiness, (3) Health & Wellness;
- Program/project must be in the Central Texas community;
- Request must come from nonprofit organizations (no funding to individuals);
- Requested funds must be used to implement a project; capacity grants are not awarded by Austin FC and Q2 Q-mmunity Gives.;
- Nonprofit organizations must be certified as tax exempt under Section 501(c) (3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code and not a private foundation as defined in section 509(a) of the code; and
- Nonprofit organization must be in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the Texas Franchise Tax Board and the Texas Secretary of State.
The Austin FC and Q2 Q-mmunity Gives Grant Committee will accept applications beginning today, Sept. 26, through Oct. 16.
Organizations wishing to apply for a Q-mmunity Gives grant can do so by clicking here.
About Austin FC
Austin FC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the League’s 27th club in January 2019. Austin FC officially began competing in MLS in April 2021 and played its first match at home on June 19, 2021, in the new, 100% privately financed, $260 million, state-of-the-art Q2 Stadium in Austin. In its second year, Austin FC finished the regular season 2nd in the Western Conference, while also making a run to the Western Conference Finals during the 2022 MLS Cup Playoffs.
Austin FC also operates the Austin FC Academy, the fully funded developmental academy representing the highest level of competition for elite youth soccer players in Central Texas, while serving as the exclusive developmental pathway to MLS for the region’s most talented young players. In 2023, the Club launched Austin FC II, a professional-level development team, competing as one of 27 clubs in MLS NEXT Pro. The team completes the pro player pathway between elite youth soccer (MLS NEXT) and MLS, for players to develop, improve, and potentially move up to the Austin FC first team.
About Q2 Holdings, Inc.
Q2 is a leading provider of digital banking and lending solutions to banks, credit unions, alternative finance companies, and fintechs in the U.S. and internationally. Q2’s comprehensive solution set allows its customers to better onboard, grow and serve their consumer, small business and corporate clients. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Q2 has offices throughout the world and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the stock symbol QTWO. To learn more, please visit Q2.com. Follow us on LinkedIn and X to stay up-to-date.